There are times when it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the information on the Internet, especially when we tell ourselves we’re supposed to be keeping track of it all and applying it to our writing lives.
I have a long list of blogs in my blog reader, and on any given day, I can look there & find something to update or instruct me about the latest technology or publishing changes, to motivate and inspire me about the writing life, to reassure me that I’m not the only one wondering what it’s all about.
So just to mention a few of my favorites today and to say thanks…
- Debra Garfinkle can always make me laugh.
- Jo Knowles reminds me that writing is a struggle to find our own truth and that it is a worthwhile struggle to take on.
- Jeannine Atkins takes me through the stages of the writing process, with prose so clear and lovely, it’s obvious she also writes poetry.
- Jane Friedman and Robin LaFevers and Jennifer R. Hubbard get me thinking–sometimes even about the same thing!
- Jenn Laughran is a wealth of information about the agent-author relationship.
- Nathan Bransford is often the voice of sanity I need to hear.
Obviously, these are just a few of the blogs I check in at every week, but they are definitely some of my staples.
Have any thank-yous to bloggers you’d like to share? Feel free to drop them in the comments.