Five Things I Learned at Work this Week
Okay, honestly, two weeks–my first two weeks on the new development/grant-writing job.
- When you’re “of a certain age,” the best desk chair is the one that makes you sit up straight.
- Budgeting can actually be fun, when you’ve got a workshop teacher who sees said budgets as “telling a story.”
- A seven-minute commute is just as stupendously fantastic as you predicted it would be.
- Your teenage son can (totally and easily) survive fewer hours of your scintillating presence than he is used to being
- New [people, places, tasks: take your pick!] shake up and wake up your brain.
Here’s to change–the good kind, anyway!
You almost convinced me on the budget thing. However, it’s a story I prefer to let others tell.
Thanks for the light-hearted post. I need to learn to blog so shortly and sweetly!
Boy, is it something I need to learn, too. The Friday Fives seem to be the only way I can get there!