Things You WON’T See Happen in 2011
I know–never say “never.” So, if that’s true, any or all of the items on this list might just show up to surprise me in the next year. But…let’s say I’m skeptical!
Sometime next week, you’ll my “resolutions” (they’re never very firm, more like Fimo clay that hasn’t yet been baked in the oven), but today I thought I’d do a fun list of unlikelies. So here you are:
1. I won’t be invited to participate on Dancing with the Stars. If I had those kinds of connections, don’t you think I’d already have done a spot on What Not to Wear?!
2. I will not suddenly grow a green thumb and start growing exotic plants and flowers all over my hillside. My apologies to all the deer that would love to munch them.
3. Martha Stewart won’t ask me to blog about my cleaning and decorating tips.
4. My husband will not sign up for Facebook.
5. You won’t see me driving one of these.
Hey, if the universe is going to play a trick on me, I want to make sure it has the right material!
6. I won’t buy a trampoline.
7. Nobody will hire me to teach a yoga class.
8. I will not bring home a Great Dane puppy. No matter how cute they are.
9. I won’t sing a duet with Joan Baez. Not with her actually in the room.
10. I won’t stop doing the happy dance about my writing milestones.
See you all in the New Year!
Wonderful post ~ especially #8.
We had Great Danes growing up. Three of them. Sequentially, not simultaneously.
Keep doing the Happy Dance. Happy is good.
Happy New Year!
Have you ever read Margret Benary-Isbert’s children’s book The Ark? It’s out of print, but if you can get a hold of it, it’s a wonderful story with LOTS of Great Danes.
Happy NY back to you!
I’ll check it out.
Have you ever seen the Disney movie ~ The Ugly Dachschund? It’s a Great Dane mixed in with a litter of Dachsies. We fell in love with “Bruno.”
Suzanne Pleshette and Dean Jones star . . . except when upstaged by the dogs.
Years and years ago, I think. Suzanne Pleshette and Dean Jones are one of my favorite combos. 🙂
It’s available on Netflix. Makes me smile everytime ~ even the silly bits.
Happy New Year, Becky!
You, too, Jeanie!
Cute, Becky! Happy New Year!
Thanks, Constance. And same to you. 🙂
Wow, Becky! Our list of things that won’t happen in 2011 is exactly the same! (Most especially #2 and 3!)
Happy New Year!
2 & 3 are definitely the least likely on my list! 🙂 Happy New Year to you, too, Robin.
I can pretty much say “me too” to all of these.
Happy New Year, Becky.
You already HAVE the green thumb! Happy New Year, Susan. 🙂
Nah. I just put ’em in the ground. If they live great. If they die, they weren’t meant to be here.
Becky, I wouldn’t worry about yoga.
I’ve been watching a morning yoga show for three months while I eat breakfast. Haven’t noticed any difference at all! 😉
Well, so much for that! 🙂
Becky, you are too funny!