Friday Five: SHIVER Contest Winner & Week’s Wrap Up
Is it Friday already? Is it the weekend yet?
It’s been a busy week & a productive one, in terms of finishing up a couple of things, getting started on a few more, and at least moving forward on some others. Here’s some of what I did.
1. Forgot (on Wednesday) to pull a winner for my Shiver giveaway and remembered (on Thursday) to do it. The winner is so appropriate, I think, since she has the name that’s the closest (of all the entrants) to the book’s title.
Shevi, come on down! Email me at beckylevine at ymail dot com, with your snail mail address, and I’ll get the book out to you soon. Definitely in time for you to read before Linger comes out. 🙂
2. Finished a scene in my YA historical, heaved a deep sigh of a not-quite defined emotion, and sent it off to my critique group.
3. Made some decisions about how to proceed with my picture book, hopefully decisions that will–as my husband says–maximize my bird-to-stone ratio. More on this later.
4. Dug into some new critique projects that I’m pretty much in love with.
5. Got a tentative date (May 6th) for the online critique class I’ll be teaching through Writer’s Digest this spring. I’ll let you know when the course info is up on their site.
6. (Yes, I know, it’s cheating.) Hooked up with friends, relaxed with books, and watched Zombieland with husband and son. In other words, stayed sane, an accomplishment–as you all know–NOT to be dismissed lightly.
Happy Almost Weekend!