Somebody Else Says: The Other Sixth-Letter-of-the-Alphabet Word
Some of you already know that I took on something new this month–developing an online how-to-critique course for Writer’s Digest. Exciting. Fun. Different. Scary.
What’s the word? “Fear.”
Luckily for me, I have wonderful critique partners and writing friends who pat me on the back and keep me going. And a seriously great, patient editor to work with who lets me shoot her off a sample every few days, as a reality check, so I can get the relief and confidence back when she tells me “Yes!”
Anyway, I watched with amazement as last weeks nervousness FEAR turned into that other old enemy–procrastination. I’m sure I’m not the only one out here to whom this happens. So thought I’d throw up a few links that talk about the whys and hows and the fixes.
And then I’ll GET BACK TO WORK. 🙂
- From Copyblogger: http://www.copyblogger.com/writers-block/
- At Robust Writing: http://robustwriting.com/writer%E2%80%99s-block-or-procrastination-be-honest
- Marcia Yudkin says: http://www.yudkin.com/firstaid.htm
- At The Real Writing Life: http://mikebanks.blogspot.com/2007/07/procrastinating-writers.html
- According to Cheryl Antier: http://www.writersbestarticles.com/article.php/15-06-2009Writers-How-to-Stop-Procrastinating—Now-and-Forever.htm
- At Kristi Holl’s Writer’s First Aid: http://institutechildrenslit.net/Writers-First-Aid-blog/2009/05/29/the-vicious-procrastination-cycle/
Here’s to the new projects you’re all taking on these days. And here’s to reminding yourself that you can do them.