Getting Back to Sane Eating…REALLY?
I’ve been inspired by Kelly Fineman’s writing-avoidance series (start here) to get back to my blog in some form or another. I’ll think more clearly about it in a New Years’ post, but for now, here’s a quick post on the treasure trove that is my kitchen today. My parents visited for four days during which we all relaxed, talked, read, knitted and, oh, yeah…ate. I think I cooked more in the past few days than I did the whole month before. Possibly ate more, too. Luckily, everything worked, with lots of help from my Mom. And everybody seemed to enjoy the food. Seconds were served. Sometimes, thirds. Still, we have leftovers. Oh, do we have leftovers. Here’s what you would find if you stopped by my house and took a look around the counters, peeked into my fridge.
- French-Canadian meat pie, with your choice of gluten-free and regular crust)
- Cold cuts
- Praline sweet potatoes
- Lemon Bread, Hobo Bread, Gluten-free scones
- Gingerbread cake
- Cheesecake (homemade, courtesy of my son)
- Spekulatius cookies (homemade, courtesy of my mom)
- Peppermint Joe-Joes
- Smoked salmon (homemade, courtesy of my brother-in-law)
- Hersheys kisses
- Peanut butter cups
- Root beer, Ginger beer, Pomegranate Izzies, Raspberry Juice Squeezes, Italian Grapefruit soda
- Green beans and peas (I suppose SOMEBODY might eat those)
- Salad (Oh, yeah, at the top of MY list for snacks!)
And all I can think is, I’m supposed to start eating LESS today?
What’s calling to you from your fridge, that you didn’t get enough of in the past few days?