This week was about…
- Wearing shorts and a sweater, as the sun came out and things moved toward warm, but only actually got there–on our hillside–for a couple of mid-day hours.
- Watching youngish deer wander through our newly shorn and fire-proofed property and remembering that we need to start keeping our gates closed, if we want the dogwood and fuchsias to survive.
- A little quiet time each evening, as husband and son went for driving-practice outings. Along with starting the car on Monday morning to see the gas gauge just tipping the top of the reserve light.
- Attending a parent panel on the college-application process and hearing a few scary things but, mostly, a lot of sanity and reassurance.
- Making progress on fiction writing AND work writing, reminding myself that I may not be able to get it all done as fast as I’d like, but I can still get it all done.
And one photo from inside those gates, the plant (azalea?) that five years after planting, my husband was calling plastic and swearing would never bloom. Some things just take a while, right?