November…WOOSH!!!! And Links from the Blogosphere
What I learned this past month is the futility of predicting what’s coming. Way back here, I talked about everything I was going to blog about in November.
Let’s just say, “Yeah, right,” NOT talk about the flu or pneumonia anymore, and move on. Okay? Okay!
Looking ahead, with zero predictions, I am so looking forward to opening up my writing projects again and seeing who’s doing what and how they’ve been keeping themselves busy without me. Hopefully, at least their creative juices have been flowing, and they’ll all be happy to share some output with me–their friend and author.
Meanwhile, I have at least been checking in at other blogs, and I thought–just to get the posting fingers warmed up again and wave a happy hand at all of you again, I’d post some links to what they’re talking about.
- I always love Jama Rattigan’s Hawaii posts. Yes, you get some pictures of beautiful beaches and skies, but it’s the family and food that keeps me coming back for more. Okay, and the bears. And moose.
- Sabrina at YA Bliss shares some great titles from her winter TBR list.
- Jennifer Laughran addresses yet another writer fear with her usual and always welcome common sense.
- Jennifer R. Hubbard reviews Colleen Mondor’sThe Map of My Dead Pilots, a nonfiction book that intrigues me, both for itself and for the feeling that it might be like reading more about characters from one of Dana Stabenow’s Kate Shugak mysteries.
- Rebecca Schiller talks about using a mind-mapping program, SimpleMind, to work with Scrivener. I have never been able to get those circle-brainstorming map thingies to work for me, but I felt that way about index cards until Scrivener came along. Now I’m wondering if I just need computers to help me along–I’ll be taking a look at SimpleMind myself.
- Julia Churchill posts at Greenhouse Literary about what happens after you sign with an agent. You know, besides the ultimate happy dance and celebratory dinner at that restaurant you really can’t afford.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and wishing you a peaceful and HEALTHY December! Oh, that for us, too, thanks very much!
Thanks for visiting my blog today and for including me on your links list! Hope you find some good surprises when you revisit your current WIPs :).
Oh, I’m sure I will! Thanks, Jama. 🙂
So glad to see you back, Becky! Here’s to good surprises with your WIPs… and yes to that HEALTHY December!
Thanks, Amy. I’m GLAD to be back!
I am far too much in love with the idea of blogging about whatever crosses my mind at the moment to try to project what I will cover in the future (except on the rare occasions where I pre-schedule a special event, like a giveaway or guest post). Join me in the land of winging it! 😉 And thanks for the shout-out!
I think I was feeling very vague and fluffy in my fall posts when I put up that November one, Jenn. Yes, serves me right for trying to control what I do up here!
Thanks so much for the mention and including the link. You will really like playing with Simplemind.
I’m going to check it out soon!