Friday Five: Adventures I’ve Had This Week.
Anything can be an adventure, right, as long as your attitude says so? So, in that spirit, here are 5 of my adventures this week.
1. Joining the Writers on the Move Facebook page. I’d seen Christina Katz’ posts, and it looked like a good way to share my quick thoughts about yoga in a very supportive place. I was right.
2. Taking my first Restorative Yoga class. O….M…G…relaxing for an-hour-and-a-half straight and calling this exercise? And feeling awesome when you leave? Two thumbs up, people.
3. Importing a file into Scrivener. It worked! And it got me refocused on finding the conflict in a scene, by making me look at what I’d written in the last draft and trying to target it to the place my character is now, in this draft. Good stuff.
4. Getting together with my “boss” at my new volunteer job, the one that will hopefully lead me back into the workplace. The paying workplace. Actually, I’m going from here TO that adventure, but thinking it will be a good meeting. “Meeting.” Just the fact that I’m using that word makes it all feel one step closer.
5. Buying a humongous pile of vegetables at the grocery store, chopping them all up, cooking them, and–yeah, eating them. I am pretty darned tired of salads, and it’s all about trying to eat healthier, even though vegetables are not my favorite thing. But I have to say, the ones I picked were not half-bad, and I do think the leftovers will actually get eaten, not just sit there in the back of the fridge and get green…er.
What adventures have you taken on this week? And how did those go for you?