Friday Five: Why I’m Ready for Spring
You know, Spring with sunshine. Not just Spring on the calendar.
1. I don’t like socks. Or shoes.
2. I’m feeling cold all the time, which makes me feel old. And rhymes.
3. Grey is a nice-enough color for a while, but I’m ready for some blue. As in skies.
4. I’m craving a few moments sitting on a sun-warmed rock, with my eyes closed against the glare.
5. I’m getting bored with my fingerless gloves. Yes, even my aqua-and-black striped-and-checked ones.
I’m ready for a little of this:
I’m with you, Becky, but will we we able to write as well without those fingerless gloves? I do want to hear the garden calling, but getting words down here on the windowseat, in my layers.
I think my hands are ready to be free for a few months. I’ll clean up the gloves, wrap them in scented tissue (Ha!) and use them to welcome in autumn when it’s due. 🙂
Wow! I have never written with fingerless gloves. I wonder if it would improve my plot, characterization or dialogue.
Spring really does feel awesome. Enjoy!
I think the gloves add a certain coolness to the writing process–not temperature, but attitude!
I have so much to learn about being a cool writer.
You’re assuming I know what I’m talking about in that area! 🙂
I, too, like the fingerless glove idea. Very Dickensian.
I like this Friday Five idea, too. Think I’ll steal. (which is very Dickensian as well) 😉
Steal away. 🙂 Just don’t take it all back to Fagin!