Well, I’m pretty sure I won’t be blogging NEXT Thursday, since the house will be full of family and food and flaming flamingos. (Just checking if you’re really reading!)
So, a quick thankful for the week:
1. I’m thankful for how the eucalyptus across the road look mixed in with this morning’s fog, and for the office window that lets me look at it.
2. I’m thankful that, when we bought this house, we said, “Yes, it’s plenty big,” because, really, this means I don’t have too much cleaning to do by next week.
3. I’m thankful for a son who, when I say, “Please bring me home a donut hole,” tells my husband that it would be better to send me six and, of course, for a husband who says, “You’re right.”
4. I’m thankful that nobody from the refrigerator store has called (yet) to say, “Oops, sorry, your refrigerator WON”T be there on Tuesday.”
5. I’m thankful for the ear-muffs Paddington (the one on the left) is wearing today on Jama Rattigan’s blog, because they made me smile. Which of course means I’m thankful for Cynthia Leitich Smith’s & Barry Gott’s new picture book, Holler Loudly, which made Paddington ask Jama for those ear-muffs. Holler Loudly is definitely on my to-read list!
6. I’m thankful for critiquing clients who are happy with my feedback (in that oh-boy-now-I-get-to-revise way) and who send me a note to let me know. W…H…E…W.
7. Finally, I’m glad for a stretch of hours ahead of me today to get back to my YA and do some more work on the antagonist and plot.