Friday Five: Road-Trip
This morning, I drop my son at school and hit the road to San Luis Obispo for the Central Coast Writers’ Conference. I’m really looking forward to it. I love writing conferences, I get to workshop with teens, and I do love–every now & then-getting in my car and just…driving.
Anyway, here’s what I’ll be doing today.
1. Driving down California’s Highway 101 through Steinbeck country and farmland and vineyards. I’ll be listening to NPR and KFOG until my radio reception goes out, but by then I’ll have stopped somewhere for a caramel machiato and won’t have any problem staying awake.
2. Drive past the conference site, down to Arroyo Grande–my hometown–and meeting an online friend for lunch. Sherrie Petersen and I have been chatting online for a couple of years now–we’ve shared some critiques, swapped book titles, and commented on each others’ blogs. Sherrie’s coming up to AG to meet me, and it’s going to be great to finally say “hi” in person.
3. Head back up to Morro Bay, where I’m staying here for the weekend. Oh, yeah, I’ll be comfy and relaxed.
4. For the rest of the afternoon, I’ll either a) crash in the luxury of an hour or two of reading with no responsibilities or distractions or b) pop in my mp3 earplugs and go for a walk.
5. Get myself over to the conference for check-in, photos, refreshments, and the evening workshops. I’m not “on” until the next morning, so Friday night is for playing.
Hope everybody has a great weekend, and I’ll be back and blogging next week–same Bat time, same Bat channel.
Enjoy life on the Open Road!
Have a blast at the conference, Bat Girl.
I did, thanks!
Yay! I’m looking forward to our lunch 🙂
It was so fun!
an hour or two of reading with no responsibilities or distractions
Oooh! I like the sound of that. Have a fabulous trip, Becky!