Here’s what I’m thinking about as the week starts:
1. There will be a pattern to this thing called high school. I just have to wait a bit to see what that pattern is. Really.
2. Guinness Chocolate Cake for my husband’s birthday. Thanks to Janet Rudolph for bringing it to my attention.
3. There is something happening with this new semi-not-really-vegan eating thing I’m doing. And that something actually seems to be healthy and good, even if it makes no sense to my brain.
4. Windsor Castle tea is okay, but when my Yorkshire Breakfast shows up, I’m totally mixing the two together.
5. Escapist fiction has a serious purpose in life–relaxation, fun, getting you and your son and your husband out of YOUR OWN HEADS. See Eric Flint’s 1632 series for clarification.
6. Context and connection is really important when you’re writing history . Otherwise, I have to work really hard to figure out that context and make those connections, and–you know–I just end up falling asleep on the couch. (This is not related to the alternate history of 1632, see item 5.)
7. It’s really fun to say to your teenage son, “Yes, you can have friends over this weekend. I’m open. So, hey, you go schedule it all!”
8. I’m starting to want a kitten. I thought this wasn’t supposed to happen for another four years, to coincide with son’s departure to college. I blame Carrie Jones.
9. I am not happy with what the clothing stores are telling me I should be wearing these days. It’s almost enough to make me start sewing again. You know, if I didn’t absolutely hate sewing.
10. Five days till the weekend! Have a great week. 🙂