Friday Five: What’s Happening Out There?
Okay, the blog’s been pretty Becky-centric this week, so for Friday, I’m scanning the blogosphere for interesting news, discussions, and events that are happening between and to others! School starts up again on Monday, so my brain (my middle-aged brain!) should be back firing on most more cylinders!
1. April is National Poetry month, and writers all over the blogs are doing some pretty cool things. If you haven’t checked out Susan Taylor Brown’s blog lately, she’s given herself an incredible challenge–to write a poem a day about the father she never know. Susan’s a friend, and I’m not a poetry expert, but true gut feeling? Every poem I’ve read has been incredible–open, honest, and lovely.
2. Kerrie Flanagan at The Writing Bug talks about the blogging “box” she found herself caught in and warns us that she’ll be busting out soon! How are you feeling about your blog these days?
3. I love this post from Sherrie Petersen about what it’s meant to her to find her critique group.
4. Laurie Halse Anderson has a few posts about MORE proposed library cuts. Page down the blog a ways and catch them all, in order.
5. Jane Friedman at There Are No Rules talks about trying to make “it” all happen.
Hey! Thanks for the shout out! I’ll have to go check these other links you’ve posted as well.
I’m just so glad that you persisted & found such a wonderful group. 🙂
Thanks so much for the mention. I really appreciate the support.
The poems are wonderful, Susan.