Life has had a few shifts lately, not for me or my immediate family, thank goodness, but for people in my circle and in their circles. Surprises that aren’t the good kind and losses that should not have happened. So, today, just briefly, my thankful Thursday is for those things I try very hard not to ever take for granted, but that still–sometimes–just need to be said out loud.
1. I am thankful for my husband and son, two gifts I barely knew to dream about all those years ago, who have added more to my life than I could have thought possible.
2. I am thankful for my wonderful parents, who never stop sharing or supporting, and my sisters–ditto–and their husbands and children.
3. I am thankful for the community I have built since I came to this area, writing and non-writing, in our hills and down in the town, the friends who I walk and talk with, who I call to check on and who call to check on me. I could not have a stronger support system.
4. I am thankful for the life that lets me write at home, on m piece of mountain with trees and animals around–the life that lets me panic about trying to fit so much into a week, and having all that everything to try and fit in.
5. I am thankful for words–the ones on the books I read, the books I have yet to read, and on the pages I keep churning over. I am thankful for the eyes that let me keep seeing them, the fingers that let me keep turning and typing pages, the brain that somehow takes the mix of everything and sorts it into story.
Take a moment today and hug someone, spend 10 more minutes with a book, and just look around at your world. I”m guessing there’s something there that makes you smile. Hugs to all!