School ends today for two weeks. Son is pretty much dancing with happiness, and I have to say–looking ahead at a pretty easy holiday, I’m enjoying the thought of some relaxing, too. Here are 5 things I’ll probably be doing in the next two weeks.
1. NOT setting the alarm. Sleeping till I wake up.
2. Going through my days relatively schedule free.
3. Making Tourtieres. This is the one recipe I inherited from my husband’s mother that I make. No there is no French-Canadian in my husband’s genetic line, but it comes via a favorite aunt-by-marriage, and it’s absolutely yummy comfort food.
4. Spending time with each of the characters in my YA, getting focused on the “I want” for each of them. I really want to start actually writing on this project in January, and I think this is the one big chunk of understanding I need to get closer to before I get back to scenes.
5. Reading, reading, reading. And, yes, reading.
For all of you who are celebrating holidays, taking time off, spending time with family and friends, NOT setting your alarms for a while, or just making any kind of pattern-shift in the next couple of weeks…enjoy!