My Friday Five for the holiday:
1. Son is dressing up as Dr. Horrible. Friend is dressing up as Captain Hammer. There will be no freeze gun or boxing gloves, but lots of singing, I’m sure.
2. I will be going with the usual question…Mom. I’ve added a few more wrinkles to the costume, I think, but–you know–in the dark, probably no one will notice!
3. I’ve been on a committed trying-to-lose-weight program and today saw the 10-pounds-off number on the scale. This should, hopefully, be motivation for not eating ALL the Butterfingers that come home.
4. There are only two things I miss since our move to the mountains. Pizza delivery and trick-or-treaters. I’ve never been big on the costumes and parties, but I did used to love handing out candy to the little guys. And, of course, buying a few too many bags & having to deal with leftovers.
5. Usually, our October is warm, warm, warm, with all of us thinking our kids will roast in their costumes. Then, a day before Halloween, the temps drop and we’re trying to convince those kids that a coat over said costume will NOT look stupid. This year, it’s been cold for weeks, and son is happy his costume includes sweat pants, a jacket, and boots that are so big he’s wearing fleece slippers inside. And the welding gloves, of course.
Happy Halloween, everybody!