Love Ya Award: More Blogs for You to Check Out
Last week, K.M. Weiland at WordPlaypresented me with the Love Ya Blog award. Thanks, K.M. for including me in your list!
Here’s the definition of the award:
The “Love Ya” Award states: These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to other bloggers who must choose to pass it on and include this cleverly written text into the body of their award!
I like to add a few new blogs to your possibilities when I pass on one of these awards. On the other hand, some of the “old” blogs I read so fit this award that…well, you’re going to get a mix in this list!
My “Love Ya” awards for the week go to:
- Heidi R. Kling’s book Sea will be out in 2010. Her blog is always cheerful and funny.
- Amy Butler Greenfield is the author of A Perfect Red: Empire, Espionage, and the Quest for the Color of Desire. Amy has a lovely post up this week about why she blogs. And her posts are always warm and thoughtful.
- How fun was it when, after reading Jama Rattigan’s blog for a while, I found out she’d written one of my son’s (and mine) favorite picture books–Truman’s Aunt Farm. Jama’s Alphabet Soup blog is ostensibly about food (oh, the pictures she’s posts!), but is really about words and friends and celebrations.
- Mary Hershey writes one of my favorite middle-grade series, starting with My Big Sister is So Bossy She Says You Can’t Read this Book . Mary’s blog, The Taming of the Muse, is upbeat, encouraging, and always makes me feel like it’s a good thing to be a writer.
- I met Barrie Summy on the blogs about a year before her first mystery, I So Don’t Do Mysteries, came out. I got it for myself as a Christmas treat–what a fun read! Barrie’s blog shares her writing & author journey, as well as fun and funny stuff about her family and town. And she posts pictures of her chameleons!
Enjoy! And if you feel like passing on the award at your blog, leave a link to it in the comments and we can all share.
Thanks for including me on your list, Becky! Truman says he will eat some extra rice pudding just to celebrate :).
I love your blog, Jama. 🙂 And yay for rice pudding. If the house wasn’t so hot, I might just make some right now!
Thanks for the great recommendations! Some I read. Some not yet.
Hope you like them!