Friday Five: Yoga at Home
So I’ve been taking yoga classes now for about 5 months, if you don’t count the MONTH I missed during Family-Plague season in the fall. (And I’m pretty sure going right back to the classes as soon as I was healthy enough to do so means I don‘t have to count it.)
I love my studio, and I love the classes, but today I’m going to do my own yoga in my own office. Why? Well, for Friday, I’ll give you 5 reasons.
- What else am I supposed to do with the beautiful pink bolster, lavender block, and sea-green therapy balls I’ve purchased. (Yes, I also have a lovely purple mat, but I do take that to classes with me!)
- Doing yoga at home this morning meant I could lay in bed for 15 more minutes, which is TWO hits of the snooze button, and you know you just can’t underestimate the value of the snooze button.
- I have some pretty cool yoga-type music I downloaded for just this purpose, that I’ve only played twice. Three times?
- My arms are VERY much still sore from Wednesday morning’s class, and you can just bet that in this morning’s practice, the instructor (that would be me) will not be doing the bridge pose. (Although I’ll do it again next Wednesday, if it’s in the line-up!)
- It’s just barely raining outside, the skies are a beautiful gray, I have a space heater, and a little by-myself yoga in my space sounds pretty darned good.
Just so you know, this will not be me: