Friday Five: Signs that Xmas May Come Early This Year
1. Everything-and I mean everything: wrapping paper, ornaments, green-and-red-wrapped candy–has been out in the stores for almost a week. This doesn’t bug me quite as much as I know it bugs a lot of people, but they could have waited another few days. Although, honestly, Trader Joe’s could sell their peppermint-chocolatey goodies all year, if it were up to me.
2. Our “tree” is up and has been since last weekend. My husband got a little bored and built a metal sculpture, which–halfway thru–the three of us decided had branches and would do just fine, with a bit of decoration. Normally, we don’t get the tree thing done till a week or so before the big day. And, yes, there are presents out.
3. The car thermometer read 36 degrees earlier this week as I was taking my son to school. What other purpose could this serve than to get things cold enough (and perhaps snowy enough) for Santa and the reindeer to visit?
4. I think I’m almost done with my shopping. Which scares me into thinking maybe I’ve forgotten something important, but I’m going with cheerful oblivion for now.
5. This wonderful video has already been making its way around Facebook. Beaker always makes me smile.